Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kaya toast

I've been watching Top Chef Masters this season, and am enthralled by Susan Festiger's Kaya toast.  I can't wait to make this, but am going to have to, unfortunately, for at least a couple of weeks until I settle back into the Bay Area and can get all of the unique ingredients.  (Actually, the only ingredient that I think I couldn't find in Ithaca is pandan leaves, although that is what the internet is for!)

The coconut jam sounds amazing.  I think that instead of a soft boiled egg, as Susan has listed on the website, I will actually make either a poached egg or over-easy egg, the latter of which she made on the show.  I'm so curious to try it, and in general am very interested in going to Singapore someday to try Kaya toast (and other amazing delicacies) in person. 

No comments: