Sunday, June 20, 2010

Burma Superstar is even better in Oakland

At the newer location in Oakland, there is so much more seating! No 3 hour lines here. The food was just as good, and they have so many options that can be made vegan. Some vegan/vegetarian friends were in town and so Burma Superstar was an optimal choice. We had the yellow bean fried tofu, which you see here, tea leaf salad (minus shrimp), rainbow salad, yummy coconut rice, and vegetarian noodles. I do really miss the Bay Area for a few reasons, and Burma Superstar is one of them!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.3.4

4 comments:

Hobbes vs Boyle said...

As one of the co-eaters, I can only confirm the author's judgment. This was awesome food and I will definitely come back to Burma Superstar the next time I'll be in San Francisco!

Ontomatopiea said...

@Hobbes vs Boyle (nerd, haha) - If you take your parents to Oakland you can bring them to Flavors of India, L and I just went there and they had amazing food and quite a few vegan options.

centrallyisolated said...

It was really, really delicious. I'm jealous that HvB gets a second shot at it this month! I guess you can't bring tea leaf salad back with you on the plane, eh?

Ontomatopiea said...

I think they have a tea leaf salad making kit?