Sunday, June 6, 2010

Welcome to SF!!!!

My good friend Cupcake, Mr. Cupcake, and little Cupcake picked me up at the SFO airport yesterday, and we immediately went for a fabulous lunch at Farmer Brown's Little Skillet.  It was a place that was so SF, that I felt its "placeness," which I loved.  Little Skillet is a small venture with no seating, serving "farm fresh soul food" with limited hours and a limited menu. 



You walk up to a tiny shuttered window to order:



We shared a box of fried chicken with waffles and miscellaneous sides, and munched on the feast on a concrete loading dock in the small side street where Little Skillet was housed.


The chicken was great, everything you'd want in fried chicken... salty, crispy, juicy.  I didn't think anything else was good enough to write home about, but the chicken was definitely worth it!  As if this wasn't enough, we of course got ice cream afterwards at Bi-Rite Creamery.  No pics because I got too excited and started eating before I took a picture, but I had salted caramel and balsamic strawberry, yum!  It was a beautiful sunny day (I actually expected it to be foggy) and a nice welcome to SF.

No comments: