Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Grilling vegetables

Today we had a vegetable grilling feast, with blue, red, and yellow fingerling potatoes, asparagus, and zucchini!

Keeping with the simple theme, these are prepared with a light coat of safflower oil, kosher flake salt, and onion powder, then grilled to doneness on our wonderful cast iron grill!  As S says, it doesn't have to be meat to be delicious!  I especially loved the zucchini today, it was positively sweet.

I have found myself to be a bit conservative when grilling vegetables.  Other than potatoes, zucchini, and asparagus, I wonder what vegetables would be good on the grill?  What immediately comes to mind are eggplants, yellow summer squash, peppers, and onions.  While I love roasted broccoli and cauliflower, what would they be like on the grill?  We will have to keep working on this experiment perhaps in the fall and next spring/summer, IF we will be in Ithaca.

No comments: